Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama

I was a big supporter of Hillary Clinton. My wife is an American, as are a lot of my in-laws. I have two daughters and one of them lives in the U.S. I always like Clinton's push for universal health care.

I became an Obama fan for a few reasons. As the Obama campaign did better in the primaries, Clinton's campaign got rattled and never really recovered. They also got a tad shrill and nasty. No big deal there, but it opened the door to look at the other candidate.

I feel that Obama's openness towards dialog with other countries is the way to go.

In the back and forth over support of the Iraq war, one of Obama's answers made me switch. To paraphrase: "Yes, experience is important, but in the end, it comes down to making the right decisions".

I am glad that Canada's right-wing element does not hold a majority and that the U.S. will stop swinging so far to the right. I hope that Obama gets 2-3 Supreme Court seats to fill.

I am really looking forward to what effect this election of Obama will have in North America and around the world.


--
Bruce C. Murphy
"Simpler Is Better... "

No comments: