Friday, November 21, 2008

Eyes on the Prize

I have been trying to figure out if I can do 3 weeks on the Appalachian Trail in March of 2009. The problem is $$$. All the avenues I have for freeing up some working capital (ie: extracting some $$$ from my pension before it gets rolled over into a paying annuity) get complicated quite quickly. On the plus side, if I work those weeks and just sit tight till the end of April, I can get some cash as the payout on my stored vacation time.

I would REALLY like to head off to Atlanta as I step out the door at Dal. In front of me, I have Gordon, Ross, Chris and Betty as examples. More than likely, I'll head out to B.C. in June, just after Sophie's graduation from Dal. Then it's off the deep end in September. Not as cool as backpacking the AT in March, but ultimately, I need to get to New Zealand. Eyes on the Prize.

No comments: